People who are just beginning to focus on their website or blog may or may not know that they should make their content live up to the standards of search engine optimization or SEO. Making content SEO rich is the one of the most effective strategies for boosting the number of visitations on your site or blog. If you’re trying to just that, then a DIY SEO campaign may be one of the best methods.
The Benefits of A DIY SEO Campaign
When it comes to a DIY SEO campaign, there are many different benefits doing it yourself rather than hiring someone else to do it. One of the main issues that website owners and business owners may face when they are trying to make a successful SEO campaign for their website is the process of hiring someone they can trust. Here are a few benefits to doing your own SEO campaign:
- You know who’s in charge
- You don’t have to hire anyone
- You save money
- You can do it exactly the way you want it done
SEO: The Purpose and the Strategy
There are many purposes when it comes to crafting quality content that is SEO. The main purpose is that content should be optimized appropriately so that it can help to drive in a larger audience to your blog or business. This way your website can reach its maximum exposure to web surfers by attracting more search engine spiders.
If you need to start your business up through SEO, you may find that hiring a professional SEO consultant or copywriter is too expensive or too complicated. If this is the case, then you may want to take the proper steps in order to make a DIY SEO campaign that is successful.
The following steps can help you create a successful DIY SEO campaign:
- Perform the proper keyword research: You will need to be able to search for online tools and programs that can help you to identify the search volume of a specific word or keyword. There are many free online SEO tools out there that provide this information. Google Keywords is a popular keyword tool that does not charge people to use it. For more detailed info, check out our article How to Choose Keywords.
Note: A keyword with particularly high volumes of searches will be more challenging to use to rank your webpage.
- Use tags: You can use H1 tags in order to contain the most desired word or keyword. H2 and h3 tags are available for additional keywords that are also important. Make sure to correctly utilize tags. If you get long tailed traffic from other sites, make sure that the websites you are getting your traffic from are relevant in regards to your niche of the type of company or business you are trying to promote.
- Make sure to use keyword emphasis: One very easy but effective technique is use italics and bold for emphasizing a specific keyword. Some online marketers may think that this is not useful. However, emphasizing a keyword is a way of letting search engines assume automatically that there is a keyword within the content, and this in turn serves as an effective opportunity to tell search engines, like Google, exactly what your keywords are.
- Perform external and internal link building: It is important to link other relevant pages or sources to your site. Doing this can help to greatly benefit the visitors on your site and will more likely help to increase the amount of time they will spend visiting and searching on your site.
Note: Due to recent changes in search engine algorithms, it is important to mix up the variety of links pointing to your site. Use a balance of “brand” links (where the keywords is your brand name), “keyword targeted” links, and non-targeted links (things like “click here”).
- Get image links: Image links can help contribute to the diversity of your link network and provide significant SEO value. A great way to get a lot of image links is to submit your website to CSS Galleries. These galleries can also help get your website traffic and exposure in addition to their SEO value. TheCSSGalleryList.com has a paid service where they will submit your website to 100+ CSS Galleries for $20, this can save you considerable time. Don’t worry, they do it all manually by hand.
Addition DIY SEO Tips
- Use Title Tags: Title tags are important because they help to tell search engines what to display in their search results in regards to your webpage. This can significantly impact how many people will click on your webpage from a search engine’s results page.
- Use Guest Blogging: Guest blogging can also be an effective SEO strategy. Not only will your site be able to benefit in credit to the added content, but it can help to provide you with opportunities regarding backlinks.
While there are many benefits that can come from a successful DIY SEO campaign aside from saving money. The biggest benefit that bloggers, website owners, and business owners will see is an increase in web traffic, and who wouldn’t want that?
Author bio: Edwin is an avid marketer and writer currently working at web design and Internet marketing Toronto firm 9th sphere. Edwin has a passion for great design and helping businesses succeed.